Saturday, January 31, 2009

My First Blog Post

Second week of dot com and I am feeling pretty comfortable with KOMU.com and ACM. For my shift Thursday night it was important to post pictures of the gang bust. Since there were three separate stories I also had to be careful not to confuse them. That wasn't the only news for the night, I made sure there was a link to the new airport plans.

Last night, I had my live shot shift. I wrote the web version of my story for the first time and I think it turned out well. I had a lot of information, a link and really awesome pictures. I also posted the video myself (something I didn't know how to do 2 weeks ago).

I feel like dot com was one of the only things at KOMU that I didn't have a good handle on. Now that I'm in Jen's class I hope to know KOMU.com inside and out because it is such an important part of our stories. Hopefully I'm already on my way there.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see links of the work you did for the web so I can offer you more advice and suggestions!

    You're certainly a lot closer to marketing yourself as a multi-media journalist as you continue to think about the many ways you can present information with the help of the web! Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete