Saturday, February 7, 2009

More Content, Less Problems and a lot of Tweeting

Web extra, well it isn't really extra because it's required. All the reporters had an extra, mostly links. The challenge: what can Kyrsten and I do during our shift that is going to draw people to KOMU.com? I was talking with Kevin Schwaller who just finished interviewing UM System President Gary Forsee. We decided it would be great to post the raw material to the web, especially since Thursday was the night before Forsee's State of the University address.

Kevin was a big help, he exported the interview as a .mov and saved it in broadcastfiles. I created a new story and uploaded the interview to the web. But of course we wanted to promote it! Kyrsten and I used the KOMUNEWS twitter and we tweeted a lot. I tweeted before and after the video was posted using KOMU and my personal twitter. I think this shows the power of twitter as a promotion tool. Maybe someone received that update on their phone and thought to themselves, hey I really want to check out that interview.

I really hope people watched the raw interview. It is so easy to post an interview and I think dot com should push reporters to do it more often.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the interview and I enjoyed the tweeting teases. It would have been even better if you snuck in a few mentioned about what Forsee said in the interview to get more people to visit KOMU.com to watch.

    ReplyDelete