Sunday, February 22, 2009

Flashing Facts

This week I got a refresher course in Flash. Last time I touched Flash was my senior year of high school. I was really excited to learn it again because you can do so much with it. (just think if I would of kept with it all this time, I would be an expert by now)

I started building a Flash map on Thursday and I also worked on it today. I knew that I wanted to use an interactive map for my upcoming HFR about the auto industry. This story has so much information and Flash just gives me another outlet to put information out there. I finally decided to build a map showing 2008 car sales broken down by the counties in KOMU 8's viewing area. When you roll-over the county, the number of cars sold in 2008 shows up. Today I was able to modify this feature; now the number shows up inside a clip art image of a car. I hope this map will really add to my HFR. The numbers tell the story, and it is interesting to see the contrast between counties by letting the viewer see for themselves as they roll-over the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment