Wednesday, April 29, 2009

RTNDA


I told myself I’d blog about this, I just wasn’t sure when. Between the jet lag and reporting on live TV literally hours after we landed, I would say it has taken me a few days to get caught up on sleep.

I got in to Las Vegas on Saturday afternoon, the RTNDA festivities started on Sunday. I had never been to Vegas before so I wasn’t really sure what to expect. Of course I was there for business, the RTNDA@NAB conference. I learned a lot at all the different sessions. Some of my favorite sessions were about the current state of the industry and new media. I really liked Cashing In on Business and Financial Coverage and The (News) Doctor Is In: What’s Wrong with My Website? Of course I have to talk about Jen Reeve’s Twitter 101 because I loved hearing about how newsrooms plan on using twitter.

It was also a special RTNDA for my news director, Stacey Woelfel. He became the new Chairman of the organization. Congrats to him! Another highlight of the trip was someone who I got to meet, Merv Block. I read his book before I was even in J School so I was very excited about meeting him.

All in all it was a great experience and I would really like to go again if I get the chance. I think the conference did a good job of acknowledging the current economic situation, yet at the same time it wasn’t as negative as I may have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment