Saturday, March 14, 2009

Web Story - Completed

Last time I blogged, I talked about my challenges creating a comprehensive web story for my 8 On Your Money story. I created a flash map and Jen Reeves helped me add it to the story page as a KOMU.com web extra. I also created a graph and slideshow that I added as additional KOMU.com extras.

The web version of this story allows the viewers to look through the information at their own pace. It was fun to see my co-workers feedback of the flash map. I showed it to a few people, and as they rolled over it I could see their reaction to the number of cars sold by county. I hope the map, graph and slideshow add to my video and text. I also wrote an expanded text story by using more context and quotes.

The links section of my web story has a lot of the numbers I used to research this story. I hope to add transparency to this story by adding links to information from the Department of Revenue and National Auto Dealers Association.

Economy Driving Change

No comments:

Post a Comment